Monday, August 31, 2015

Believing In You!

I've always believed that success comes to those who work hard at it. This is true but I've learned thru the many years that it takes more than that. It takes believing in yourself and your ideas. So many people fail before they get started, why you ask? People decide that their ideas can't possibly be the million dollar idea that brings them the monetary and self gratification they always dreamed they could have.
Think of it this way, If a baseball player never swings the bat, he will NEVER hit the ball. Makes sense right?
I talk to so many people who said that they would have tried this or that if they just would have known how to go about it. Many years ago you might get away with that excuse because of the lack of info at ones finger tips. Today there are no excuses, we have GOOGLE!
Folks, Google is a treasure chest of answers waiting for you to open it.
At a very young age of 24 I was President of two companies. Because of my inexperience I made many mistakes. The one thing I made sure of was that I logged all those mistakes and evaluated how I could do it better next time. I got better and better at managing and improving my mistakes. Now I'm not saying to go out and make a lot of mistakes to gain all your future wisdom. The realization is that we are not perfect and we will make mistakes, count on it! 
Instead of giving up, give it a try again with some adjustments.
Wondering where I am headed with all of this? 
I am painting a picture of most of the people in the world. We would rather get mad at ourselves and make excuses for screwing up and go back in our shells forever than to face humility again. Swallow your pride for there will always be another day.
If you have something that you have been wanting to do, a career you want to try, or an idea you believe in, then now is the time to make it happen. Time will go by no matter if you pursue your dreams or procrastinate about them.
Here are some things that I hope will help you to go forward in your journey. These are some of the things I've learned from my experiences in life.

1.) Think thru all ideas (ask yourself what is the worst case scenario and how would I handle it).

2.) Be consistent.

3.) Be open minded to adjust as different situations occur. (things change)

4.) Take a COOL DOWN period for the tough decisions.
(When something happens that is devastating, put it to prayer and give it to God.)

5.) Never let someone pressure you to make a decision. (there's always enough time to make a good decision)

6.) Believe in yourself and your decisions. (don't be talked out of a good idea)

7.) If an idea or a project isn't working, make adjustments instead of giving up on it.

8.) Listen to everyone's advice but only retain the good advice.

9.) You won't fail unless you quit.

10.) NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!

#motivation #success #‎teamsuccession‬ #confidence

No comments :

Post a Comment